Anne Robinson, Karen Saxby
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this fascinating country.
Wander around the temples and museums of Bangkok, laze on the palm-fringed beaches of Ko Samui or discover the wild mountains and remote hill-tribe villages of Northern Thailand: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Thailand with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Thailand:
- Over 40 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Thailand, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail the Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaeo, Wat Pho, Dusit Park, Wat Arun, Jim Thompson House, Wat Phra Si Sanphet, Wat Mahathat, Doi Suthep, Prasat Hin Phimai, Wat Phra Mahathat Woramahawihan and more
- Colour photographs of stunning beaches, paradise islands, spectacular landscapes, bustling cities, charming towns, dazzling temples, historic buildings and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Bangkok, South Central Plains, North Central Plains, Northwest Heartland, Far North, Khorat Plateau, Mekong River Valley, Eastern Seaboard, Western Seaboard, Upper Andaman Coast and the Deep South
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: discover the festivals that take place throughout the year, and learn about Thailand's history, way of life, culture, wildlife, ecosystems, cuisine, religion, art, architecture, beaches and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Thailand is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Thailand.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a trip around Thailand's coast? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Thailand's Beaches and Islands.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.