Discover these culture-rich destinations with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market.
Whether you plan to go on the beer crawl to end them all, a devoted art pilgrimage - think Ghent's medieval masterpieces and the Magritte connection in Brussels - or an exploration of the Ardennes' wildest reaches, The Rough Guide to Belgium & Luxembourg will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
Inside The Rough Guide Belgium and Luxembourg
- Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour maps throughout - navigate the backstreets of Brussels or the war sites of the Ypres Salient without needing to get online.
- Stunning images - a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
- Things not to miss - Rough Guides' rundown of Belgium and Luxembourg's best sights and experiences.
- Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
- Detailed regional coverage - whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
Areas covered include: Brussels; Flanders; Antwerp and the northeast of Belgium; Hainaut and Wallonian Brabant; the Ardennes; and Luxembourg.
Attractions include: Ostend beach; Pairi Daiza zoo and gardens; the Menin Gate, Ieper; Vianden Castle, Luxembourg; Musée Hergé, Louvain-la-Neuve; MAS Museum, Antwerp; and Bouillon castle.
- Basics - essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, entry requirements and more.
- Background information - a Contexts chapter devoted to history, books and Belgian art, plus a handy language section and glossary.