Anne Robinson, Karen Saxby
The winding streets and narrow alleyways of Damascus are a maze and getting lost is a mandatory part of any visit. Explore the timeless markets and mosques of The Old City where St Paul was baptized and began his preaching. It's no wonder that Damascus claims to be oldest continuously inhabited city in the world. Footprintfocus Damascus will help you get to grips with the beautiful Umayyad Mosque and the fabulous National Museum while you soak up the city's renowned hospitality. This concise guide is the perfect companion for anyone wishing to explore this beguiling city.
* Includes Essentials section with indispensable information on getting around
* Features the city's trendy modern restaurants and cafes as well as the traditional sights
* Up-to-date recommendations of great places to stay and eat
* Detailed street maps will help you find your way around
* Slim enough to fit in your pocket
Concise and yet packed with practical and detailed advice on how to get around this daydream of a city, this Footprintfocus guide will help you make the most of your trip without weighing you down.
The content of the Footprintfocus Damascus guide has been extracted from Footprint's Syria Handbook.