Anne Robinson, Karen Saxby
Private music lessons: twelve hugely influential programmes broadcast by French television between 1987 and 1991. The guiding principle for Olivier Bernager and François Manceaux was to capture the art of the leading performers of our time, live in concert but also and above all in a teaching environment. These films take us inside the transmission process between maestro and budding young interpreter. Here, Gérard Poulet generously shares his technical skills and his great experience of the Classical, Romantic and modern violin repertoires.
1. Sonate op. 27 no 2 - Eugène Ysaÿe [1858-1931] - 12:30
2. Sonate pour violon et piano - Claude Debussy [1862-1918] - 16:55
3. Concerto pour violon K. 211 - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart [1756-1791] - 11:10
4. Concerto pour violon op. 47 - Jean Sibelius [1865-1957] - 10:35
5. Trio no 2 op. 87 - Johannes Brahms [1833-1897] - 4:50