The ultimate guide to man’s best friend! This indispensable volume brings together a comprehensive reference to the world’s main breeds and a practical care guide for all dog owners. Part One, Caring For Your Dog, features advice on buying a dog and covers in detail every important topic that the responsible owner needs to consider. Part Two, The Breeds, is an in-depth visual encyclopedia of pedigree dog breeds from all over the world. Each breed is fully described and such important characteristics as temperament, grooming, feeding and exercise needs, as well as its average size, are highlighted. You’ll also discover:
- Advice on bedding types and equipment
- Safety at home
- Training tips
- Health care and first aid
- Glorious photographs of breeds
- Step-by-step instructive photos
- And more! Packed with essential information, this definitive encyclopedia is a fundamental book for all dog owners. Your favorite furry friend will thank you!